BHP Billiton Is The World’s Largest Diversified Resources Company. They are distinguished from other resource companies by the combination of the quality of their assets; their deep inventory of growth projects; their customer-focused marketing; their diversification across countries, commodities, and markets; and their petroleum business. BHP has approximately 41,000 employees working in over 100 operations in 25 countries. Reflecting their aim to be a premier global company, they occupy significant positions in major commodity businesses, including aluminum, energy coal and metallurgical coal, copper, manganese, iron ore, uranium, nickel, silver, and titanium minerals, and have substantial interests in oil, gas, liquefied natural gas, and diamonds.
- Across five global sites (USA, Trinidad, Pakistan, UK-North Wales, and Australia) a cost avoidance of $4M was achieved.
- Cost avoidance is when a part that is proposed by the MRP need not be purchased. The strategy is corrected for future replenishment.
- 99% on time and accurate transaction within the system, with a manager watching the exceptions.
- A 25% accuracy improvement in inventory which increased consumer confidence in the system, and reduced work around and free text purchase
- A 50% reduction in free text purchase
- A revised repairable process with the ability to track and prompt next steps from within the SAP system.
- The ability to set one standard for measurements for all global sites in the global management dashboard