Insight is a technology solutions provider serving global and local clients in 170 countries. Today, thousands of clients, including more than 80 percent of the Global Fortune 500, rely on Insight to acquire, implement and manage technology solutions to empower their business. Insight provides software and licensing services globally. In addition, they offer a comprehensive portfolio which also includes hardware and value-added services for their clients in North America and the U.K. They are aggressively expanding their global capabilities by introducing new offerings, including hardware and services, to meet emerging needs for clients worldwide.
- MRP and its support of purchasing automation were not understood.
- Buyers were unable to set effective inventory strategies to reduce inventory holding.
- Buyers were unable to see their impact on warehouse and transportation costs.
- Unable to manage supplier performance and on time delivery.
- Buyers were very busy from day to day converting purchase requisitions into purchase orders.
- Unable to see the progress of supply to meet sales demand.
- Education on specific subject areas along the supply chain.
- Education of buyers responsible for specific commodities.
- One on one sessions with management and executives.
- Setting data groups and priorities within the supply chain, and targeting the low hanging fruit.
- Coaching product owners through master data changes and results analysis.
- Proposed and changed organization structure aligned with effective performance.
- Inventory reduced by more than 30% – $40 mil
- Reduced warehouse handling fees > $100k/month (temp labor and overtime budget)
- Shorter Transporter lines at warehouse receiving, with quicker transporter turn around
- Quicker turnaround to customer orders and a marked increase in inventory turns
- Increase in shareholder points due to inventory reduction
- A sustained change where a further 10% of inventory reduction was achieved by the business without support.