Daisy is one of the most recognizable brands in the world. In 2016 Daisy implemented SAP to support scaling their business. Later that year Daisy partnered with Reveal to improve distribution operations including implementing SAP Warehouse Management (WM) and integrating a new EDI solution to meet the requirements of their large retail customers.
- Poor inventory accuracy and tracking
- No material tracking on the shop floor
- Loosely defined business processes related to receiving, picking, put away, returns, labeling and more.
- Reliance on spreadsheets and extensive manual processes
- Most shipments go LTL, requiring labels on each case, plus an increased drop shipment volume growing shipping via FedEx or UPS
- Need to integrate with 3rd party systems including SPS EDI solution and Process Weaver
- Establish controls and governance for managing warehousing process exceptions
- Educate users and facilitate change management throughout the project
- Utilize Best Practice and Agile Implementation approach
- Assess: Two weeks, on-site assessment utilizing workshops and system demonstrations to develop “to-be” processes and functionality, define scope, develop implementation blueprint, establish project timeline, budget and resource requirements, and produce project plan. Aligned Daisy’s goals, objectives and project KPIs.
- Transform: Utilizing Agile ASAP configured the system, programmed RICEF tasks, established best practice processes and strategies covering goods receipts, supply to production lines, production receipts, fixed bin replenishment, shipping, storage type transfers, shipping small parcel, kitting, stock transfers, returns, and more. Built RF transactions for all on floor processes. Developed user roles, educated users and management team, loaded master data validated processes and environment and cut over plan.
- Sustain: Provided Hyper-Care monitoring system transactions, overall system performance, incident reporting, root cause analysis and resolution. Stabilized business processes, provided additional education and established support desk.
- Accurate inventory in warehouse and on shop floor
- Improved material availability accuracy on shop floor
- Reduced manual processes
- Reduced time to pick products
- Automated all put away processes
- ABC cycle counting
- Educated and empowered users and management team
- Aligned KPI’s to business objectives
- Integrated 3rd party systems into SAP for labeling and EDI transactions
- Improved data integrity and visibility
- Standard SAP functionality being utilized with very little customization
- Users managing by exception