GE Current, a carve out from GE in 2019 and now Daintree company, is the digital engine for intelligent environments. Current blends advanced LED technology with networked sensors and software to make commercial buildings, retail stores, industrial facilities and cities more energy efficient & productive. Backed by a broad ecosystem of technology partners, Current is helping businesses and cities unlock hidden value and realize the potential of their environments.
- The divested entity needed to be more responsive and agile to the needs of the market and the traditional large corporate approach through governance and system deployment was no longer fit for purpose
- Complex planning and execution in the supply chain with the number of disparate legacy systems following the divestiture
- High inventory, dead stock and slow-moving values with lower than desired service levels
- Underutilization of SAP functionality and reporting capabilities creating manual work arounds and use of spreadsheets increasing the potential for errors and omissions supply chain siloes and using SAP as a transactional and record keeping tool
- Low levels of automation and multiple data hand-off and touch points interrupting production schedules
- Little trust in SAP data and system outputs including MRP results and exception messages
- Supply Chain transformation utilizing Reveal’s oVo methodology providing business education, process and performance optimization and change management
- Global, cross functional program for the core transactional supply chain roles on existing SAP functionality, reports and tools
- Establish ownership and accountability for master data management and optimization
- Establish end-to-end supply chain planning inside of SAP, integrating core processes across the organization
- Implement cross functional communication teams (Process Aligned Teams) across the business to manage daily business challenges & address the root causes of SAP Exceptions.
- Implement process manufacturing methodologies for scheduling, capacity, and production planning in SAP
- Set operational KPI’s to align with strategic business performance measures and goals.
- Increased utilization of SAP to drive improved service levels, schedule attainment, inventory performance and operational costs:
- Improved Available to Promise (ATP) and Material Availability Check (MAC) utilization and outcomes
- Capacity Evaluation, Production Scheduling and Sequencing with Schedule Attainment measured utilizing standard SAP capabilities
- Reduced reliance on spreadsheets increasing the effectiveness of information and material flow
- Optimized the use of MRP, Procurement and Exception Management capabilities
- Decreased work arounds moving planning, analyzing and execution into SAP
- Simplified, standardized and optimized supply chain processes
- Eliminated use of many customizations improving ability to migrate to S/4HANA in the future
- Simplified IT landscape and minimize 3rd party tools